A New Life in Seattle

A New Life in Seattle
August, 2018

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Facebook Freaking Floors Me!

I had no idea how user friendly Facebook is:  notes re friends in common, suggested friends, regular e-mails regarding responses related to anything I've posted on, alerts re responses to friendship requests. 

I'm moving slowly, in an organic fashion.  I began with friends from the CommanderBond forum, which I frequented for years.  Then I tried approaching writers whom I used to know years ago, but fell out of touch with.  With a couple of exceptions, all friendship requests have been accepted...resulting in more suggested friends.

Today I checked out an agent, Don Maass, whom I've known for a long time.  Don confirms in his Profile that he uses Facebook to check out writers' Facebook pages.  So I'll continue to fine-tune my own Profile page.  And I sent a friendship request to Don.

Progress report: 21 confirmed friends, 5 requests still out there.

Next step:  get a good picture to post there.  Don Maass has raised the bar with his own photos.  Try to match and raise the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Just keep them civil, please.