A New Life in Seattle

A New Life in Seattle
August, 2018

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Then and Now...Or, Helloooooo, 2017!

Three weeks into the new year, I can't believe the difference made by 29 months and a cross-country move. These two years, I believe, will always stand out in my mind:




and




2014: Charlotte, NCk
  • A has-been author whose career had gone up in flames
  • Arrived in EbookLandia under a cloud of defeat
  • No real presence on Social Media
  • Job: third shift for close to the minimum wage
  • Out of shape
  • Lived in a grade C apartment
  • Felt trapped  in a city that I'd come to hate
  • Daily commute: 2-3 hours a day




Somehow I found the guts, the wherewithal and faith to do what needed doing: namely, at a rather advanced age, to pull off one last cross-country move. This time, I'd go to a place I'd never been but which fascinated. And I'd move with limited cash, no definite job and no idea where I'd live. Best of all, I'd move by train.





Departure: September 2014

2017: Seattle, WA
  • Author of 12 ebooks, a thirteenth coming in March
  • A strong sense of having found my writing A Game
  • Arrangement with Hold Fast Press for print editions of my Boss MacTavin mysteries
  • Am booked for a March radio interview
  • 1900 Facebook friends and 60,000 Twitter followers
  • New job, M-F, with full benefits and a decent salary
  • Regular workouts and a healthy diet
  • Living in a decent studio in downtown Seattle
  • Next up: a 1-bedroom apartment in my ideal neighborhood
  • Daily commute: a half-hour each way to work


And, hey, the year has just begun!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Just keep them civil, please.